When you provide us with information, you can rest assured that we are committed to
protecting your privacy. We respect your right to security and service in relation to our
usage of personal information at all times.
The use, disclosure and retention of personal information by Coadys is subject to the
privacy provisions of the Privacy Act 1988.
What types of information will we collect?
We will gather personal information. Personal information is any information about an
individual (eg address or phone number) which can identify that individual. It extends to
resumes, opinions gained from referees about work performance, work experience and/or
In accordance with the Privacy Act Coadys will:
– Collect your personal information in a manner that is fair, lawful and not intrusive
– Only use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose or a related
secondary purpose for which it was collected, unless required by law to do so
– Ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date
– Protect your personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised
access, modification or disclosure
– Have a policy outlining how to handle your personal information and make it
available when requested to do so
– Give you access to your personal information when you request access
– Not collect sensitive information about you (such as medical or health information)
unless we have your consent to do so
– Store your information safely and securely and in accordance with the Privacy Act
Why do we hold your personal information?
We primarily collect and use your personal information for recruitment purposes and hold it
within the guidelines of privacy laws.
Will we always keep your personal information?
We will store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy
Act until such time as you request it be destroyed.
When will we disclose your personal information?
We will only disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily
held or for a related secondary purpose. In some cases we will only disclose information
with your consent. However we may be required to disclose your personal information
where we are under a legal duty to do so, for example when there is a risk to someone’s
Access to your personal information
Subject to some exceptions outlined under the Privacy Act you can gain access to your
personal information. We will refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of
other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
Your signature on the “Application for Employment” card acts as consent to use your
personal information for the purposes outlined in this document.
Your signature also acts as consent for Coadys to contact your former employers for
reference checking purposes should Coadys arrange interviews for you with our clients or
when you intend to commence working with us on a temporary basis. We will advise you
prior to conducting any reference checks.
Please feel free to discuss privacy matters with our designated Privacy Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org